Stevens Furniture Restoration provides a complete service of upholstery and reupholstery on both modern and period furniture in London, using the finest upholstery fabric
What is reupholstery?
Reupholstery is the process of removing the upholstery off your existing furniture and replacing it with new upholstery fabric.
The reupholstery process can revitalize your furniture whilst staying faithful to the features and style of the original design.
Why choose to reupholster?
- Reupholstering can save you a lot of money instead of buying new furniture, when it can be easily repaired.
- Reupholstery is environmentally friendly: reupholstering means less furniture in landfill.
- Our huge selection of upholstery fabric to choose from means we can create unique and specific furniture designs unavailable elsewhere.
- Attention to detail is better than loose covers. This is particularly useful if your furniture has wooden features or deep buttoning for example.
- Reupholstery is a traditional craft. If you choose reupholstery, you are supporting an industry built on traditional British workmanship by genuine local craftsmen and women.
What furniture items can I bring for reupholstery?
Whether it is a sofa, chair or couch, we can repair and re-upholster all kinds of furniture, including in leather and fabric.
We start the repair process by assessing your requirements and proposing a solution for your item of furniture, following all the operational steps with accuracy.
Should I choose fabric or leather reupholstery?
Leather reupholstery is not only durable and comfortable, but also highly desirable and fits into many interior design situations.
Fabric reupholstery is elegant and, when done well, can dictate the look and feel of a piece of furniture as well as determining how long it will last. We have a diverse range of high quality upholstery items at our London based workshop.
We are more than happy to guide you through the process of choosing a suitable reupholstery fabric that best suits your needs, from designs to colour matching. Our upholstery experts will advise you on the best options available for your furniture.
Types of Upholstery
Traditional upholstery uses upholstery materials like coil springs, animal hair (horse, hog and cow), coir, straw and hay, hessians, linen scrims, wadding, etc and is done by hand, building each layer up.
Modern Upholstery employs synthetic materials like dacron and vinyl, serpentine springs.
This kind of artisanal reupholstery needs a lot of time and professionalism to be done, but the final result is beautiful. The period and the value of the furniture piece can determine the approach we take in terms of re-upholstery and repair, but you can rest assured Stevens Furniture Restoration will always provide the most efficient and expert services available in London.
We also have a broad selection of reupholstery fabric books from the top suppliers offering plain and more unique styles of material from classic to modern, and we are willing to offer advice to enhance your piece of furniture with appropriate colours and patterns.
Why choose Stevens Furniture upholsterers London?
Our skilled London upholsterers are very experienced and can reupholster both modern and antique furniture, whether it’s a period Georgian armchair or a modern Laura Ashley sofa. We have access to a wide variety of reupholstery fabrics and materials, and can perform upholstery repair at our London workshop or on-site.
- Experts in Traditional Upholstery
- Specialists in Antique Furniture Restoration
- Can reupholster Antique and Modern Furniture
- Colour Matching
- Access to wide range of Modern and Traditional Upholstery Fabric and Materials in stock and samples available to order.
Re-upholstery of a valuable piece of furniture is an intensive and sometimes difficult job, with many different techniques and skills involved in upholstery and repair; We pay attention to every detail, from the appropriate padding to be used for repair, to the selection of the reupholstery fabric that best suits the period of the piece of furniture, chosen together with the client.