This particular project was for a embassy in central london. The main problem was located on the top, some of the marquetry was water damaged which had to be replaced and coloured. We set about secure much of the surrounding marquetry by injecting with glue pressing down. The missing sections were then copied using and cut to the same shapes. Much of the marquetry was don in box wood and aged. Once all the marquetry was completed, we then set about french polishing the table. We removed any old wax with fine wire wool and then applied the french polish, finishing with an antique wax.
CATEGORY: FURNITURE RESTORATION AND FRENCH POLISHING